The Downstream Defender® is an advanced vortex separator used to treat stormwater runoff in pretreatment or stand-alone applications. Its unique flow-modifying internal components distinguish the Downstream Defender® from conventional and simple swirl separators that typically bypass untreated peak flows to prevent washout of captured pollutants. The Downstream Defender® treats the entire storm with no washout or untreated bypass flows.
- Captures and retains a wide range of Total Suspended Solids (TSS), floatable trash and petroleum products
- Accommodates a wide range of flows in a small footprint
- Verified by the Canadian Environmental Technology Verification Program (Canadian ETV)
The First Defense® High Capacity is an enhanced vortex separator that combines an effective stormwater treatment chamber with an integral peak flow bypass. It efficiently removes total suspended solids (TSS), metals, trash and hydrocarbons from stormwater runoff without washing out previously captured pollutants.
- Available in several model configurations for a variety of design parameters
- Adapts to smaller or logistically difficult site locations
- Verified by the New Jersey Corporation for Advanced Technology (NJCAT) and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- Proven to prevent pollutant washout at up to 450% of its treatment flow
The Up-Flo® Filter is a multi-stage stormwater treatment system that combines pretreatment with fluidized bed filtration technology in one structure for superior filtration rates and media longevity. Designed with efficiency, longevity and upkeep requirements in mind, the Up-Flo® Filter has high loading rates and long media life. A high flow bypass and trap for oils and trash is integrated into the design. The Up-Flo® Filter is independently verified through the TARP field monitoring program.
- Certified removal rate of 80% TSS by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Modular filtration components allow adaptation to any catchment area
- The upflow fluidized bed technology prevents clogging of the filter media
- Media bags are easily removed and replaced without purchase of new cartridges
The Hydro-Brake® Vortex Flow Control is a specially designed vortex flow control valve which provides water quantity management for stormwater drainage systems. Its unique vortex flow technology effectively and reliably controls discharge flow across a wide range of operating conditions and applications from small individual plots to large sewer networks.
- Reduced stormwater storage volumes mean up to 50% savings in project storage costs
- Available in wall-mounted or floor-mounted geometries
- Self-activating with no moving parts or power requirements
- Virtually maintenance free
The SDD3 by NEXT Stormwater Solutions is an enhanced hydrodynamic separator which uses a twin vortex design along with gravitational and centrifugal forces to effectively remove sediments (TSS), floatables and oil from surface runoff. The removal of other harmful pollutants such as N, P, Pb, Cu, Zn, which are commonly found in stormwater runoff, will also occur as these pollutants naturally couple themselves to suspended solids. As a result, the SDD provides increased protection for the receiving waters as well as any downstream process.
Superior performance is guaranteed as the SDD offers an exceptional surface loading rate.
The SDD3 was developed by NEXT Stormwater Solutions in collaboration with the Polytechnic University in Montreal. Laboratory testing was performed by the Centre des technologies des eaux (C.T.E).
The performance of the SDD3 has been verified by the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) program and has been successfully laboratory tested according the NJDEP 2013 testing protocol.
- Twin vortex design which provides enhanced treatment.
- Large sediment and oil storage capacities with no risk of wash out.
- Simple and easy installation, similar to a standard concrete manhole.
- Highly resistant manhole structure made from reinforced concrete and internal components made of high quality aluminum with excellent mechanical properties.
- Proudly developed and fabricated in Canada.
- Inspection and maintenance easily performed from the ground level.